Saturday, September 21, 2013

Choir in California‏

Hey Hey hey!!!!! So this week has been crazy!!! We have been working with more less actives again and our investigators.  Also something new happened.  As you can see I titled this email, Choir in California.  The reason is BECAUSE...... (Drum roll please!!) We have a missionary choir for our entire mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I am in it!! (obviously!)  It is sooo cool to be a part of! There are about 75 missionaries who are a part of it.  We will be performing in stake conferences around the mission, in Mission conferences, in wards as a sacrament program, IT WILL BE AWESOME!!!!!!! I love being able to express my testimony through song.  Sometimes a song just says it so much better than I ever could!

So I went on exchanges on Wednesday with one of my Sister Training Leaders (It's like a female zone leader).  I went down to San Clemente.  It was definitely cool to go to.  And for our work out Thursday morning, we went running on the pier!!! It was so cool!! I ran over the ocean!!! So cool!!  

Thursday we had what we call a Window.  Let me explain.  There was this lady that came to the mission before I came and she talked about this Windows program.  Sometimes missionaries feel like they need to do contacting, but they don't know where to go, so they just go wherever.  They may be in one place, while the person they are supposed to be in contact with, the "elect," are somewhere else.  The Lord is going to know where those Elect are going to be.  So we have to pray to know where we are supposed to be to find the people who are most ready for the gospel.  So we did that.  And we met Josh! He was running, and we stopped him and he let us give a 10 minute lesson.  He seemed pretty interested.  He even asked ME for a pamphlet!! I didn't have to offer, he asked before I could!! So cool!!

The work is moving right along! And it is coming! I Love this work! I love the atonement! I love the opportunities I have to bring people to the knowledge of that atonement!! 

My scripture for today is 3 Nephi 11:14.  Look it up.  Pay attention to why we need to put all our energy into Christ's side, Why he asks us to first "thrust in his side," and THEN "feel the prints in my hands."

I love you all!!! I miss you all! But I know that this is where I am supposed to be and where the Lord needs me!!!

ALOHA!
Sister Haws:)

No comments:

Post a Comment