Thursday, March 19, 2015

Is ANYONE home??? Anyone???

February 9

This week has been a little rough, what with everyone cancelling or forgetting to be home for appointments.  I swear this week was the time that everyone got together and decided, "Hey, let's pull a joke on the missionaries!  Let's NOT be home, let's cancel all our dinner appointments!"  Just kidding.  Everyone has been sick and super busy, so we totally understand:)  I love this ward, I love this work, and I even love when there's nothing going on...

I did get to go on an amazing exchange with Sister Given! That was really fun! We walked for like 2 hours in her area, finding less active members and talking to non members on the street.  I think I almost died then.  I haven't walked that much in a long time! And I got a little sunburned... No suprise there... We got to help a lady, Betty, take a lamp out of her car and were able to talk to her for a little while. I think Sister Given and Sister Blair might go visit her again. She was really sweet. We also got to teach an active member, and went to an etiquette dinner! The tips Sister Orgill gave us at the zone conference in June really came in handy at that moment! It was awesome:)

We got to go on exchanges with Sister Harrison while Sister Poulsen went with Sister Simms. That was fun as well. We got to see a less active lady, Laura, who was amazing and had such an amazing testimony! She hasn't been to church for a while because of her health, and she smokes, but she is amazing and we hope to see her again soon!

We got to start reading the Book of Mormon with Quinn this week. He was really excited and seems to really enjoy the book of Mormon. We are really glad he is progressing. We talked with him a lot about missions as well and how much he can change the world and how much the work would bless him. I hope he serves a mission. I love the kid a lot! He has a testimony, he just needs to put it in action!

We met a new lady, Alicia, in the park on Saturday, that was really cool! She took a Book of Mormon and said she would read it. We are hoping to see her again.

Have a great week everyone! Keep smiling! Keep the faith and Keep trucking on!
 
Love,

Sister Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment