Sunday, February 2, 2014

Where in the world is Sister Haws???

January 13, 2014

Well, transfers happened this week, and I am in............................................. (drumroll please) ........................................ IRVINE!!!! I am in what is called Woodbridge 1st ward and I love it so much!!!  The people here are so wonderful!! We spent the week trying to meet many of the members and quite a few investigators!!
 
I have 2 new companions, Sister Bing... and Sister Burg...!! They are so great!! Sister Burg... is an amazing artist! And Sister Bing... is a GINGER!!!!! It is definitely a party!!!  Also, I am back in the same district as my MTC companion, Sister VH.  She is the sweetest thing in the world!!
 
So, a while back, after a choir performance, I asked a couple of the Chinese elders to teach me a few sentences in chinese.  Irvine has a bunch of Chinese and they are great.  I thought "Awesome, I will use my new found chinese!" So this lady in our complex walks by and we say, "Hi, we're missionaries and we are out talking about how much Jesus Christ can bless our lives." and this lady says "No English"  So me being super suave person that I am, go up and say "We have friends that can speak Chinese" in Chinese of course, and she rambles off this Chinese like I understand everything she says, and I obviously don't get a single word out of what she says, so I just stare at her blankly and try to say "I don't speak Chinese," in chinese, and that didn't even work because I was flustered and embarrased, but we gave her a card and she went her way.  I told the Chinese Elders that taught me those sentences and they got a big kick out of it.  Apparently, Chinese people will immediately just start talking to you as soon as they hear you share just a little Chinese.  Who knew right??
 
We will hopefully be setting a baptismal date tonight with a girl that Sister Burgett has been teaching!!
 
This week, the scripture is Helaman 3:24-27.  The Lord will give us the success we desire if we ask with a sincere heart!!
 
I love you all so much!!! Keep the work going and the people seeing the light of Christ through you!!
 
Love,
Sister Haws:)

No comments:

Post a Comment