Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Who Broke My Window?!?!?

February 10, 2014

Thank you so much to everyone for the lovely emails and the loving letters!  Sorry for not emailing last week!! We went tide pooling again last week and it was CRAZY! We were trying to get everything else done!  But, this week is much calmer!!
 
So we met with Laura this week.  She told us that right now her answer is that this church isn't right for her.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOO we were so sad!!! But she said that she still wants to meet with us and talk to her about the Bible.  So hopefully something comes out of it.  We know that she has felt the Spirit and it is only a matter of time. 
 
We got to do Family History this week (we do it every week).  It is so fun to do and so fun to be able to learn about my ancestors.
 
Choir was great, as always.  I love being able to strengthen my talent and learn more about songs.
 
Saturday we went and helped a sister make invitations for their Young Women's Fundraiser.  It was really fun.  While we were there, she showed us some really old 80s church commercial from our church, and it is this old guy Singing this song about who broke his window! Look it up, it is SOOO funny, our companionship has been singing it ever since:)
 
Sunday was crazy.  We got a new bishop in our ward.  And our ward mission leader was called as the First Counselor in the Bishopric.  I will miss my bishop, but I think that this bishop will be really good and we will support him as well.
 
In sacrament meeting, we had 2 investigators come, Irene and Laura.  They are so great.  I sang and Sister B. played the piano.  It was really powerful.  I sang "I know that My Redeemer Lives."  I really felt the spirit of that song, and I think everyone else did too.  I love the opportunity to bring the spirit into a meeting through song.  To me, there is nothing more powerful.  I love it:)
 
Well folks, my scripture for this week is Exodus 16:4-5, 19-21.  What is our spiritual daily manna in today's time?
 
I love you all!! Keep hastening the work!
 
Love,
Sister Kayla Haws:)

Also, transfer calls are Saturday!!!!! I find out then! I will tell y'all the news on next Tuesday! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment