Thursday, July 10, 2014

9 Months, 1 year and 4 years.... Crazy milestones this week!‏

May 27, 2014
 
So this week there have been 3 crazy milestones.  1 is my 9 month mark of being on my mission! I have hit my hump day! May 21!  2 is that it has been a year since I found out that I would be serving in the California Irvine mission. 3 is it has been 4 years today since my dear grandmother left this earth to return to her Heavenly Father.  There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her or feel her presence with me.  I have never felt closer to her than when I have been in the service of the Lord.  I still miss her terribly, but I know that I will see her again.  I know that she is proud of the person I am trying to become and the service I am rendering.  I love her and I know that I will see her again because of the Plan of Salvation.  I know that I will be reunited with her, and that, if I live worthy of it, I will live with her for time and all eternity!  I know that there is such a thing as eternal families and there is a life after this one.
 
This week has been AMAZING! We have seen so many miracles! 
 
So last Tuesday we had what we call a Window of heaven.  We covenant with the Lord during our weekly planning that, if he will show us the time and place that we are supposed to be to find the elect, we will talk to everyone and be obedient so that we may be worthy of the Spirit.  We went down to Saddleback Campus and talked to EVERYONE!  We met this man named Zack.  We talked to him and set up an appointment with him on Friday.  He didn't show up to it.  Or to the meeting we rescheduled with him on Saturday.  BUT he did meet with us yesterday, and, after the lesson, he said he wants to be baptized!!!!  YAY!!! THEN that Tuesday night, we went and taught a lesson to a girl named Jenna.  We met her our first night and we got her number.  We taught her the restoration, and she wants to be baptized too!! So cool!! The Lord is blessing us so much!
 
Wednesday we had to go to the ER. Thankfully this time it was not for any broken bones! :) Sister Morrow has had some complications with some things and she wanted to know what was going on.  We were there for 6 hours!  We finally got home at 11:30.  Crazy stuff.
 
Thursday, Sister Van Heel, my MTC companion, went home.  She has had some trials going on, so she went home so she could tackle them and will be back shortly! I know it! I was able to go to the airport to see her off.  It was very weird being back at the departing gate and seeing one of the sweetest sisters I know go home.  I know that she has already done so much good, and that home will help her to be even more amazing!
 
That has been it really for our week!  I know that God loves us and wants us to be the best that we can be!
 
1 Nephi 21:15-16!
 
Love,
Sister Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment