Thursday, July 10, 2014

Exchanges, Exchanges and Oh! Did I mention Exchanges?‏

June 16, 2014
 
This week has been fun filled and packed!!
 
First off, it has been 5 weeks since I have been back, and the good news is, sometimes it feels like I never left! I feel like I didn't even miss a beat!
 
We have met with Megan almost everyday this week! She didn't go to church this week :( but she is still meeting with us.  She is going to Texas to see her dad this week, so we are kind of nervous because she is our only investigator right now.  We are going to be doing a LOT of finding this week! 
 
As some of you have seen on Facebook, our mission choir took pictures and sang on Tuesday! It was so much fun!! I love it so much!! I love the people there and the spirit that can be felt in that environment.  This week we are recording!!! We are making a CD!!! I am so excited :)
 
This week our mission did something interesting.  On Wednesday and Thursday, half of the mission on each of these days did a sort of mini transfer exchange for the day.  Our zone did it on Thursday.  We went to the mission office at 11 and did just like they do at transfers where they tell you who is in the area and who the new companion for the day is.  I had Sister Smith and I learned SOO much from her!! I love her and we had a great time!! I had a lady that bought us free Yogurtland! I was so happy I almost cried.  She wasn't even a member!! And she wants to take a church tour!! I am so excited!
 
Friday we went back with our companions, for a little while, and then Sister Andersen went on exchanges with a sister that wanted to go with her.  Since she was Spanish speaking, I went with her companeros to their area.... speaking Spanish.....  I had no idea what was being said.  It was fun though!!
 
Saturday, Sister Andersen had a lot of meetings with the other lead sister, so we went with that sister's companion on exchanges.  We had a great time! I love the sisters in this mission!! I learn so much from them!
 
Sunday was awesome! I wish I could have called my dad on Father's day, but I am doing the Lord's work on the Lord's terms.  It was a very spiritual experience at church this week.  I loved it!
 
I met one of my favorite people! He is one of the Elders' recent converts! He loves to sing and he is a professional figure skater.  He is really nice.  He has such a strong testimony.  His name is Matt, and he and I clicked, so the Elders asked us if we would teach him the new member lessons! I am really excited!
 
That's my week! I love being a missionary! I don't think I will ever take it for granted again! I had to lead the congregation in singing "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go," and it just hit me that I am a missionary and that I am leading the song that got me here.  It was really neat.
 
This week's scripture is Alma 26:37.  God really is mindful of all of us!
 
I love you all!
 
Love,
Sister Haws :)
 
It's a baby Nimbus 2000!!! (if you know me at all, you know that I kind of died when I saw this)

No comments:

Post a Comment