Thursday, July 10, 2014

Crazy week! (Life of a missionary)‏

June 2, 2014
 
This week has been awesome! I just love it!
 
So Monday we got to go on exchanges and we went with the other Sister Training Leader, Sister McCaleb.  She is awesome!! I love her with all my heart.  She served in this ward before us, so it was good to get a little bit of background and help with where people live, who to see, etc.  So that was good!  Wednesday, I got to go to dinner at the Webber's house!! I am so happy I am in their stake now!! Unfortunately, it was just Brother and Sister Webber and their oldest daughter, so not the whole family, but it was still good!
Thursday was fun! We got to go to the Summer Kick off that this ward puts on every year to welcome the seniors and to help them get comfortable with this ward. It was way cool! There were a lot of people there, members and non members!
Friday was weekly planning, but then we went on another exchange, where I went to Lake Forest with Sisters Lang and Lafleur! They are so much fun! I learned a lot from them.
Saturday, the Elders had a double baptism that we were able to go to and see some great men make covenants with their Heavenly Father and take the first step on a great path! It was very spiritual.  I had to play the piano, but it was songs that I knew, so it was ok:)
Sunday, we had an investigator come to church so that was awesome! And then, I had to leave early with Sister Hehl so that we could go to a choir event in Laguna Beach.  It was... interesting.  We sang "There Is Sunshine in my Soul Today" while a wedding procession walked in between us.  It was interesting.  And weird, but really good! We were able to tell people that we are Christian, and that we love Jesus, and we love being happy!  So that was cool.  Then, Sister Hehl and I realized that we hadn't had food all day since we were fasting, and so we went to Sister Webber's again (thanks sister webber!).  We were able to see all her family that time, and then we went and taught a lesson.
 
The reason this letter is so late is because, this morning as a zone, we got to go to big air!  It is a trampoline place and it is so much fun!! I loved it!
 
Have a great week!
Remember who you are, and whose you are!
 
Love,
Sister Haws:)

No comments:

Post a Comment