Thursday, July 10, 2014

Week 5 Already???? Plus, Pranks, Baptisms, Stake Conference, Singing. Life's Good!‏

June 9, 2014
 
I have been here for 4 weeks!!! I am on week 5 of this transfer!! I cannot believe that it has gone by this fast!!
 
This week has been crazy busy with tons of missionary meetings, but I love it!! I love getting to learn from my fellow missionaries and grow from them. 
 
Tuesday we met with one of our investigators who we have been working with for 2 weeks.  She is so cool!! Her name is Megan and she is stellar.  She was dating this kid who was a member and she was really impressed with him.  He left on his mission in March and she decided she would start looking, just see what he's doing there in Texas.  She talked to the missionaries on mormon.org.  She talked to them for a while and then they told her she should talk to the bishop in her area, so she talked to Bishop Shephard (our bishop).  He gave us her number and we have been meeting with her ever since!! She has decided to be baptized on June 21!! We are so excited for her!  She is so cute and people love her!!
 
Thursday was really good.  We had one of the many missionary meetings, called Zone Training meeting.  I always love that because I know how much work the missionaries who put it on (including Sister Andersen, my companion) put into this meeting.  This time, the zone leaders had us write down our names on the top of a piece of paper and then pass it around the room. Everyone put compliments on the paper, and it was really nice to see what others think, but more importantly what I can say to others that is genuine that I don't normally say, or to people i don't normally talk to.  It was really cool.
 
Then we had choir, which i always love.  We found out that we are going to be making a CD!!!! Watch out Irvine, the missionaries are taking over and converting everyone with our AWESOME music ;)
 
Friday, I got to practice a song with a sister in our ward.  She is so funny! Her name is McKenzie and she and I are going to be great friends, I can already tell.  She plays the piano AMAZINGLY!! The song that we sang is the 2014 theme called "Come Unto Christ."  You can look it up onlds.org.  We sang it on Sunday and it was awesome! I didn't sing it in my ward, but in her home ward.  It works! Haha I love it:)
 
Saturday, we went to a baptism in Laguna Niguel with Megan.  It was awesome! The spirit was really strong there, and Megan felt it.  I love her!! I know that she will be ready for baptism.
 
Sunday we had stake conference, so that threw the rest of our day off and then I started having really bad stomach pains, but before that, we pranked  the elders a little bit.  So, my companions like to trash pick sometimes, it's never like in the trash, but right next to it.  Well, we found this really ugly lamp that they took so that they could use it to prank elders.  We got it and a toy gun, and took it to the elder's apartment and put a sign up that said "make the saddleback ysa sisters cookies... or else!"  Well they are making them for us!! It was so funny!
 
Y'all will be proud to know that I brought my camera cord today, but my computer won't let me connect any of my pictures :(  super sad, but I have faith that it will work next week!!!!! I promise!!!
 
Scripture for this week is Mosiah 2:17.  How can you serve others?
 
Love you!! Have a great week!!
 
Love,
Sister Kayla Haws:)
 
Remember, I still like letters!! I miss getting mail.  23 Lake Road Irvine, CA 92604

No comments:

Post a Comment