Sunday, October 26, 2014

1 Year! It went by so fast.

August 25, 2014
 
HOLA! Talofa! Ni-hao! Aloha!
 
These are just a few of the languages I have learned on my mission.  I love it so much!!
 
Now, I know that a lot of you are thinking about the whole 1 year thing.  And some of you are thinking, "But you just were home.  You haven't been gone a year."  No, but it has been one year on August 21, 2014 that I embarked on this crazy journey. It has been one year since I entered the MTC, since I said goodbye (the first time) to my family, since I decided to really do this crazy thing.  I cannot believe that this time has gone by so fast! I love it so much!
 
This week has not been too eventful.  The greatest thing though, is that STEVEN WAS BAPTIZED!!! I love this kid! He was baptized, and right before the closing prayer, he got up and bore his testimony.  It was so sincere and so amazing! I am so proud of him!  His brother, who is not a member, made it to the baptism AND church, and his sister (who is a member and serving a mission in peru) was able to skype in to talk to him, and see him make this sacred covenant with his Heavenly Father.  I am so happy that he made this decision.  I love this gospel! I love all the things that I have learned on my mission.  I have loved the people that I have met here, the nonmembers, the members, the investigators, and the missionaries.  Each one of the people I have met have changed my life for good.  I would not trade this for anything in the world!
 
I love you all! Have a great week! Keep seeing miracles!
 
Love,
Sister Kayla Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment