Sunday, October 26, 2014

Heartbreak Hotel‏

September 8, 2014
 
This week is an interesting one.  One of sadness, and of love, and of joy, and of crazyness.
 
Sadness--one of my brothers and best friends out here in the mission has returned home.  Elder J has returned with honor to West Valley, Utah.  I will miss him dearly, but I know that he is where he needs to be.  It was really hard to see him leave.  I wish I could be the one leaving, just so I didn't have to see him say goodbye.  It is hard to leave a mission, and it is even harder to say goodbye earlier than you expected to. 
 
Love--I know that God loves us.  He has shown his hand so many times this week.  This past week, we didn't have very many dinners.  We had about 3, and we told our bishop.  He got up in sacrament meeting, and told the ward that they need to do a better job! I had never seen that happen.  Because of him, however, we filled our calendar all week! This is the first time that has happened since Sister Putnam and I were put together (she has a few allergies, so people tend to freak out).  Also, our dinner last night, gave us 2 huge bags full of groceries so that we could have food when others didn't feed us.  It was a miracle!!! I am so grateful that the Lord provides for His servants!!
 
Crazyness--this coming week is week 6!! That means that transfer calls are this Saturday!! I don't want to leave, and I don't want to leave Sister Putnam.  I hope that we stay together.  Also crazy, my watch broke, and I feel so weird without it on.  I feel like I am missing something, and I can't tell what time it is during lessons.  It's crazy.  Also crazy, Helena moved her date back from the 13th to the 27th.  We are ok with that because we know that it is whatever she wants, and that she will be baptized.  That gives us time to teach her all the lessons and teach her all she needs to know.  I am so excited to help her and to continue to work with her.
 
I love the Lord! I love serving Him and His children.  I truly love this work and would not want to do anything else at this time in my life!! I hope you all have a great week!!
 
With much love,
Sister Haws
 
 Elder J and I
 
 
 Elder J, Elder M, Sister Putnam and I
 
 

Bessie (Helena's mother) turns 90 this week, so we celebrated:)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment