Sunday, October 26, 2014

wait, what day is it? AHHHHH 1 YEAR!!!‏

August 18, 2014
 
ALOHA!! Life's good here in Santa Ana! It's hot, there's miracles everyday, and I am serving with one of my best friends! I love this so much!  This truly is the promised land!
 
I LOVE WORKING WITH SISTER PUTNAM!!!!! We have seen so many miracles this week!

It was interesting, we had set a really lofty goal of 80 contacts this week, because we didn't really have many people to see.  We prayed that we would have people to see and that we would do the work that Heavenly Father wants us to do for this week and for this area.  So we set out to do just that.  We worked, and then the Lord blessed us tenfold.  After dinner on Tuesday, we received a call from our bishop.  He asked us if we could meet with him.  We were free because we didn't have any set appointments, and we met with him and he brought a lady and her mother who had been taught when Sister Bingham was here.  It was cool that, because we knew Sister Bingham and worked with her, we were trusted to teach her.  She is really humble, and really ready to be baptized; the only problem is her mother.  Her mother is Greek Orthodox and super traditional.  She isn't super keen on her daughter being baptized.  She loves members of the church, but she doesn't want her daughter to be one.  It's the tradition thing.  But her mother adores us, and listens in on the lessons, so we are hoping we can soften her heart.

Our first lesson with them, I had the strongest impression that I should sing.  I didn't bring in my bag, and so I didn't have my hymnbook, but I ran out to the car to get it.  Then Sister Putnam, amazing  as she is, asked if I was going to sing consider the lillies.  I had not planned on it, but then I decided I needed to. I sang that, and we read the verses there, and it fit PERFECTLY to what they needed.  Sister Putnam is so inspired!! It was really powerful.  I love working with them.

I got to go on exchanges with Sister Milner.  She leaves for home at the end of this transfer in September.  It was nice to catch up, andsee how much both of us have grown. I love her so much.  It was really fun, and I loved catching up with her and learning from her.  There has been a lot that has happened since we have been companions almost 8 months ago.  Which reminds me...
 
HOLY COW!!! I am going to be hitting 1 year on Thursday, August 21!!! I have been gone for a year!  Well, I entered the MTC a year ago.  I have been here for 4 and a half months since being home, and I LOVE it!!!
 
I have seen so many miracles!! I know that God doesn't forget us.  We are to be His Hands.  We are the ones that can answer prayers.  I know that there is a God, and that He is a God of miracles. I know that He loves each of us.  I know that He is mindful of us.  I know that things are put into our lives so that we can grow and become more like our Father.  I love my Heavenly Father and I know that miracles DO happen! Every day!!
 
I love you all so much!! I hope you all have a great week!  Let me know how each of you is doing!
 
Love,
Sister Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment