Sunday, October 26, 2014

This Looks Familiar..... Oh Wait... What?????

August 11, 2014
 
So I got Transferred.......... To South Coast........ In Santa Ana....... If you have been following along, you know that I just "left" there.  Ya, I was confused too.  President called my name in transfer meeting, and said "Sister Haws has been serving in the South Coast ward, and"  And I stopped him right there and said "Wait, what?? I thought I was getting transferred..."  And He said that I am serving in the South Coast A area, (I was serving in B) and I would have a new companion.  They have taken the elders out of my area and I am over their area.  That means that I am working with the people they were working with, and Sister N and her companion are working with the others that I was working with before. 
 
Now for my companion..... Drumroll PLEASE.............  Sister PUTNAM!!!! Before I left for home when I broke my elbow, Sister Bingham was her Sister Training Leader and so we went on exchanges a couple times, and a lot more after I broke my elbow.  I have a lot to learn from her and I am super excited to be with her!
 
Wednesday we had to say goodbye to some of the missionaries in our mission that went home.  It was really bittersweet, knowing that we were losing such great friends and amazing disciples of Christ, but sweet knowing that they were going to see their family and that they finished honorably.  It was a long day, because we woke up REALLY early to go to the airport for them.  But it was worth it to say goodbye.
 
Thursday, I got to see one of my very good friends in the mission go to the temple for the first time.  It was a really interesting experience.  We tried as hard as we could to make it to her session at 6:30, but alas, we didn't make it (stupid traffic).  We talked to the people at the desk and they said that if you do another ordinance, you can go into the celestial room and wait for her.  So we went and did some work for a while.  While we were waiting for the ordinances we were doing, we met a lady named Cathy.  She ended up sitting between me and Sister Putnam, and she just looks at me and says, "Do you feel that?" And we were like, "not really."  She kept looking at us, and then says, "It's like sitting between 2 angels.  I feel like I am surrounded by angels."  She then got a little emotional, and told us she had been a member for just 3 years and told us her story.  It was cool because the Lord was able to lift her faith, and ours.  I knew that that was part of the reason why we were late, she needed that experience.  After that, Sister Putnam and I went into the celestial room to wait for the endowment session to end.  It was so peaceful and so quiet and so beautiful.  There is nothing like a temple at night, inside or outside. It was so serene and perfect.  Then she came through and saw me, and I saw her, and it was awesome! I was able to suprise her and show her that I was supporting her.  I love her with all my heart and I was so happy that I was able to be even a small part of her journey and temple experience.
 
Friday was planning, not much to report there.
 
Sunday, I had the opportunity to sing in the Las Flores ward.  I sang a solo version of "Consider the Lillies" for Megan and Madison's farewell talks.  It was really cool to be a part of that.  It is so cool to see so many of the friends that I have made here get ready to embark on life.  It was cool to be in the ward that 2 of my best friends grew up in and even though they were not there (they are on their missions as well), I felt connected to them in a sense.  I was with these people who knew and loved Connor, Tommy, Megan and Madison, and I was one of those people.  It was really neat.
 
I am excited for the work to move along here in Santa Ana.  I know that my time is not up.  I know God has a plan for me and for this area.  I am excited to see what lies in store!
 
Have a great week everyone!! Don't forget to pray!
 
I love you all!!
Love,
Sister Haws:)

 
Me and Sister Putnam, with the temple in the background!!  I love this temple with all my heart:)

No comments:

Post a Comment