Sunday, February 8, 2015

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!!‏

January 20, 2015
*Cue music*
 
We're serving together!!! It's the final Transfer!
 
And As you can see from the musical awesomeness of Sister Haws, I am in my final transfer! I cannot believe that it has finally come!! I have 6 weeks and then I am a normal person again!!!
 
And since I know that you are all dying to know what my transfer news is, I'll tell you a little about my week!
 
Sister Gillins and I had a super fun week! We had temple tours, we had an amazing fireside, and we had awesome miracles!!
 
Monday was p-day, and we had dinner with the Bishop and his family! (don't stop believin')
 
Tuesday we had temple tours, and that was always good.  We also started practicing a song for transfers, since Sister Putnam is going home tomorrow. (another one bites the dust). and I'm a Jukebox Hero!
 
Wednesday we had temple tours and I almost froze! Then we went to Addiction Recovery Program meeting with a less active in our ward. (we just LET IT GO!!!) Sister Gillins that night asked me what happens when a missionary gets released.  I didn't quite know how to answer that, since I don't know, but I cried a little thinking about it, and about having to take my nametag off.  I am so lucky to be able to wear my nametag everyday, with my Saviors name upon my heart.
 
Thursday was our last district meeting of the transfer!! It was so weird to think about.  I love my district.  We are so unified and have so much fun and our meetings are always so spiritual.  I cried that day too.  I don't know what's happening?!?!?! I also got to go on an exchange with Hermana Bullough.  She is a sweet heart and I love her a lot! She was able to tell me things that I needed to hear and to see what I needed to see.  We had a really spiritual lesson with Quin and that was awesome! I love that kid!
 
Friday was weekly planning and we practiced again. we also taught Manny with the Spanish elders.  They are amazing! I love working with them!
 
Saturday we had the Book of Mormon read that we have every week and that was awesome! I love it that we can eat food, read, and discuss the scriptures.  We had dinner with La that was a little awkward since they had the TV outside and were watching a movie, and we were inside...
 
then were transfer calls......  And Sister Gillins and I are staying in South Coast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so beyond happy that I get to stay in this ward for my last transfer with the Sister that I love so dearly! It will be 9 months in one ward!
 
Sunday was really good! We were able to go to church and partake of the sacrament.  I love the sacrament and the opportunity we have to remember our Savior and his Atonement.  Then we had temple tours again, and we actually gave 3 tours that day!! YAY!  Then we were able to go to an amazing fireside.  Do you remember in October how I told y'all about a movie called, "Meet the Mormons"?  Well, on Sunday, one of the families portrayed in that movie, the Armstrongs (the missionary mom) came and gave a fireside.  It was absolutely amazing! I loved every minute of it! And I got to see Sister Andersen again! I miss her a lot, so that was really cool!
 
I love you all! I feel a little weird sometimes thinking about going home.  It's like getting to the end of a really good book that you don't want to end.  You can feel the pages thinning, and you know exactly how many pages there are to the end.  You want to keep reading to see what unfolds in the story, but you don't want the story to end.  You know that, once you read that page, it's over, and it's one step closer to finishing.  Before you know it, you're on the last page, and soon, you've reached those final words... "The End."
 
I cannot believe how fast time flies! I love you all! have a fantastic week!
 
Love,
Sister Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment