Sunday, February 8, 2015

Singing, Mission calls, and awesomeness!‏

November 17, 2014
 
ALOOOOOOOHA!!!!!!
 
This week has been really cool!! I love serving in South Coast!!

On Tuesday we were able to go to the temple again! I love that place so much!! I just love the insights we receive and the spirit that is felt there more than anywhere else!  After that, we had temple tours and we didn't have anyone show up, but we were able to make up a story with the sisters that were there with us! That was fun!
 
Wednesday we had our Zone Training Meeting and it was awesome! We went to choir and started singing Christmas songs!!! The season is upon us!! I am so happy!  We went to temple tours and froze our toes off!! I must really be acclimated to this coastal weather, because it was torture, and it was only 65 with a slight wind chill.  I'm such a wimp!!
 
Thursday, Friday and Saturday were spent most of the day practicing for some songs that Sister Gillins had to play: "I know that my redeemer lives," for me for sacrament meeting, and "Savior, Redeemer of my soul" for another missionary to sing at a baptism.  It was really amazing. She is such a talented missionary!! I can't even handle it how awesome she is!!
 
Friday we were able to have a meeting with all the temple sisters, and it was nice to get insight from them on how to do better with the tours.  I love it so much!!
 
Saturday we had a luau! It was super fun! Really good food!! I love our mission!!
 
Sunday we went to our first Marshallese baptism! That was interesting... I didn't understand most of the words that were said, but the Spirit was still strong!
 
Also, on Friday, I received an unexpected call from Sister Webber, Tommy's mom, and she told me that my little sister had received her mission call!!!!!! I found out that my angel sister will be serving the people of Twin Falls Idaho in Spanish!!! She reports to the MTC on April 1st, 8 days before I return home!!! I was so excited, I cried for joy at the thought of her serving the lord. I love this work so much!!
 
Have a wonderful week! 
I have a quote for you!  "Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ...can also be a source of inner strength through which we find self esteem, peace of mind, contentment, and the courage to cope."  (M. Russell Ballard, Our search for happiness, page 16.)  Hope this helps you!! Be awesome!
 
Love,
 
The other Sister Haws
 
 
We got Chocolate Turkeys from our favorite mission mom! (Thanks Sister Webber!)
 
 
 
The sky is almost as pretty as in New Mexico:)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment